Acceptable use policy
Last updated 27 April 2020
1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
Only persons aged over 18 may use the interactive services on our site. By using such services you warrant to us that you are over the age of 18. Our Sites are operated by B2Rent Ltd (“We” or “us“). Our office is located at 63/66 Hatton Garden, Fifth Floor, Suite 23, London EC1N 8LE.
2. PROHIBITED USES
You may use our Sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Sites:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm individuals and, in particular, minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to break or circumvent our security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks; and/or
- knowingly to transmit any data, and/or to send and/or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Sites;
- any equipment or network on which our Sites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
3. INTERACTIVE SERVICES
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Sites, including, without limitation:
- property reviews;
- frequently asked questions;
- chat rooms;
(the “interactive services“).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used, if any. If you wish to complain about a comment posted on our Sites or you think that a comment has been posted that is in breach of this acceptable use policy please report it to us using the “report” button on our Sites or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will then review this comment. Please note that reporting a comment does not necessarily mean the comment will be removed.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Sites, and (except for in respect of French users, where we can only be held liable as set out in the law for trust in the digital economy dated 6 June 2004) we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
4. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Sites (“contributions“) including reviews and questions submitted to us.
The following standards and requirements apply to your use of and contributions to our Sites.
Your contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in any country from which they are posted
Your contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person or obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark or other right of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person, including using your contributions to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
5. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, at our reasonable discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Sites. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such proportionate action as we deem appropriate.
- issuing a warning to you
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Sites;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Sites;
- taking legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- taking legal action against you; and/or
- disclosing such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel necessary.
Unless you are a resident of France, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. For users in any territory, the responses described in this policy are not an exhaustive list, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
6. CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. We will use appropriate means, such as relevant announcements on our website, to inform you on such amendments. However, we ask you to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you use our Sites. If you do not agree with the changes, you must stop using the Sites. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Sites.